Friday, August 26, 2011

Pet me.

I was just thinking how the need to be liked is behind every action for me. It's quite ridiculous. But I don't know any other way to be. I suppose this latest blog theme (the gratefulness) is an attempt to make known that I like you, too. All of you,  even if you're:

  • This weather. Dryer, cooler, temperate. I love you. Please stay.
  • The smell of Westnedge Creek, noted while running past all kinds of somewhat icky smells (dead animals? asphalt?)
  • My new husband. The same man I've been married to for almost 18 years, who turned back into the man I married.
  • Any time I can spend in the garden. Even if it's just pulling out clover.
  • Hmmm. This is interesting. My notebook says, "Work success and foreigners". I have no idea what that means any more.
  • More work success. THE big-ass project I've been working finally came to fruition, and it was good.
  • And therefore, they sent me flowers the following day.
  • Talented ladies. You know who you are. Well, somehow I've surrounded myself with them, so maybe you don't. But if you can sing, play guitar, paint, crochet, knit, run an agency, get out of bed in the morning, etc., I have the utmost respect for you.
  • Graduation from the surgeon. I saw the surgeon who removed my thyroid last week. He answered my questions, and graduated me. Goodbye, Dr. Surgery Robot! I will actually kind of miss him. But not enough to grow my thyroid back, if you follow me.
  • I am an artsy-fartsy weirdo who at least doesn't walk a pot-bellied pig down the street. Thank you, kind co-workers, for sharing those impressions.
  • And finally, mowing the lawn while thunder booms in the distance. Summer. Green clippings. Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment