Saturday, August 20, 2011

And yet, it was the best week in recent memory.

Slapping Hostess texted to apologize. As I suspected, she was just worked up and I was in the wrong place. I'm sure there's something deeper going on there (I am really bad about staying in contact....), but I encourage her to use her words, and not her hands.

So, now grateful for two awesome days at work, an evening at the beach (finally!), seeing old friends Tim and Tracy, and stone fruits. I just got back from the farmer's market with extra nectarines for our annual back-to-school clothes shopping extravaganza. And a thunderstorm, to make it all cozy.

My plan for the afternoon is to can some peaches to gift on our upcoming trip to New Orleans. For some reason, I am afraid to buy the bourbon. I've never bought it before. It seems kind of against the rules or something. I also need vanilla beans, which are not easy to find.

Why the Buddha, bear and rock? Why not? Who knows what other treasures are buried in your yard?

No comments:

Post a Comment