Monday, August 1, 2011

Good news!

I can't even keep up with the gratefulness. The bad news is that I'm wasting a lot of time on the computer nonetheless. not writing about any of these topics. But here's a catch up list of what I've noted.

30. Cars
31. Co-workers
32. Cell phones
33. Air conditioning
34. Espresso shake
35. Dance party
36. Pool party
37. Vacation is booked. NOLA!
38. Bras.
39. Sunrise on the dry cleaner
40. Forgiveness for stupidity
41. Passive aggression
42. Over the Edge nail color by Essie
43. Art

44. Photo peace. I say this because I was wearing my new-ish red skirt today, and got a compliment from a co-worker about how I always "look nice" and have a "retro" style. As is the female way, I tried to accept and deflect this compliment by making lots of excuses about trying to rotate all my clothes, or that my grandma used to sew so I became obsessed at that point, or something. But when I really analyze it, I think it's because of the Wardrobe Remix group on flickr.

I just watched for a while. Also, keep in mind the group was not 17,000 strong yet! But I started taking self-portraits with the timer on my camera. Then I posted a few. I really wasn't one of the favorites, but I learned to use the camera as a mirror and it served me well in the long run. Especially because prior to digital or self portraiture, all photos of me were awkward and uncomfortable. Now, I am much more relaxed. It's not just because you can delete them, but it really doesn't bother me like it did as a teenager, or a young woman.

So shoot me! I don't care. I like to wear red, black, and striped things. My hair looks better up. I don't have to smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment