Sunday, August 14, 2011

Grateful this doesn't happen every day?

Unfortunate weekend. Kelly's bike seat was mangled while she left it chained up outside, mean things were said at a party, and then the party ended with me getting slapped by the drunk hostess. I don't really think these things were related, but the moon was waxing the whole time. The Slapping Hostess has taught me many lessons in my recent life, although this is the first time she's slapped me. I'm just trying to figure out what is the lesson this time.

Option 1: Whisky makes people mean. Move away when you aren't having fun anymore.
Option 2: There is very little fun available after midnight. It's best to just go home.
Option 3: Or, a social life that involves hanging out with very very drunk people after midnight will get you in trouble eventually. Move away.

I note that "moving away" is the theme here. It is one of my favorite things to do. Effective. I don't really think that "confronting" Slapping Hostess would be useful at all, as she's just a messenger, in the larger picture. I am old enough to go to choose the parties that don't involve standing around holding a can of beer. I have been trying to avoid some of these people since high school. It's time to make it stick, I suppose.

I think Kelly will get her bike seat fixed. Mean things - well, it happens. Time to broadcast nice things for a while. And I'm okay. I know what to do. Thanks for listening.


No comments:

Post a Comment