Thursday, April 30, 2009

Really?

I intended to apply for jobs online today, but didn't actually click the Apply button once. Why do I feel like a 1990s PSA against marijuana usage? I guess I was just being overly literal again. Do I really have ALL of those qualifications? Of course not. I never did, even for the jobs I've already performed. We're all impostors, no?

I had lunch with my dad, also. I secretly hoped he'd have a surprise way out. Surprise! You don't have to worry about this any more because you've passed all the tests! Now, you can just kick back and travel, with daily mimosas. But, really, no one IS coming to save me. I have to do it myself.

Also filed under, "Really?" is that there's a movie coming out of that stupid Julie / Julia book. God, I hated that book. I may have been unreasonably jealous of the concept, because I love to document things like that. I did start dating each recipe in the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook as I cooked it, and it's entertaining just from a historical perspective. I haven't made banana muffins since 2007? How can that be? So maybe I'm a little more critical, because I know that I didn't follow through. Much easier to glare at Meryl Streep, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment