Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Master of the Obvious strikes again!

The Universe has a tractor and it's coming to tow us all away. But wait, we're already on board! We don't even have to do anything. The Universe is us!

(Do Dah Parade this year. I think this was the Nature Center's float.)

So, I thought I had this brilliant new idea. I would list out all the options for a problem, and then make a column for Truth and Love. I could then rank the options and pick the best option.

For example, Should I go to the Class Reunion?

Option 1: Do not go.
Truth: Sure!
Love: No. What if there's someone you want to see there?

Option 2: Go, but keep your guard up. Those bitches will cut ya!
Truth: No, probably not. They're 42 years old now, and presumably slightly more mature. 
Love: No.

Option 3: Go, and keep your expectations realistic.
Truth: Yes! 
Love: Yes!

Awesome, right? And even though my original point was going to be that had I just read a few more Buddha quotes on Pinterest I would have already known this, there IS something very powerful about writing it out. I honestly didn't know that it would be okay until I grasped for a lame example and wrote it out. It's going to be okay. The Universe is here. The Universe is us.

No comments:

Post a Comment