Friday, November 23, 2012

Big thoughts

It's darn near impossible to think big thoughts when you're using one finger on a tiny screen. But, I gotta try. Big thoughts are so much more embarrassing than the tiny ones. Stating that you want to end world war or reform mean people everywhere.. I don 't even have to finish the sentence for you to see what I mean.

But it really can't all be about me getting enough sleep and eating a balanced diet, or organizing the craft room. As usual, it neither and both. I think that sometimes, even though I can barely think about it without shame, I don't believe that one person can make a difference. There's always surroundings and supporters. I am probably a supporter, and that's fine because I need my sleep.

So I did have one breakthrough thought. I've been reading for years about trusting your gut and intuition. And yet I still can't trust my literal guts to pick out healthy food. So that's my holiday strategy. I am going to eat what I want (but no more). Pretty easy to do so far, since I came down with food poisoning 24 hours ago. I am stuffed with crackers, applesauce and Sprite. Fantastic.

I mean, it's kind of obvious that the meaning of life is love. We still have to figure out how to make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment