Tuesday, March 6, 2012

How to waste 24 hours in 24 hours.

Richard was gone for the night. I had 24 hours. Here's how I wasted it in photographs. Bad, point and shoot photographs. Read on if you'd like to waste 2-4 minutes.

Saturday afternoon. One-day sale. Well, that must mean the deals are EXTRA great, right? So, yes, I went to the mall. But I only entered Macy's. I was hunting for bread pans, actually, but first I tried on every clearance dress or top in my size. Depressing, then ridiculous, kind of hot and sweaty. No sale. I then checked out shoes (see below). Loaf pans were very non-climactic at that point. Also no sale. I stopped at the grocery store on my way home to get the rest of the bread ingredients, plus dinner. Roses for myself.
I grilled my coffee shop sandwich at home, had some computer time.
Played with the cat.
Finally got a text that included an invitation for the evening. 
Off to visit Scott and Sara. Cats were explained.  
Hats were put on cats.  

Then, we went to the bar and tried hats on people.  



Morning view. It's Sunday now. 

Time to work on the bread. 
Yes, it looks doughy and small now, but just wait! This should double in size and make a delicious fluffy oatmeal bread. 



Any time now.....
12 hours later... I gave up and baked it. 


It's an oatmeal brick. It tastes a little doughy (surprise!) and alcoholic. It's very solid and full of fiber, though. No empty calories here. 

I do wish I had wasted my 24 hours a little more productively. (You are missing the photos of a craft project and some attempts at choreography. You should feel very lucky.) But I don't really have regrets. Puttering and socializing are my two favorite hobbies.


No comments:

Post a Comment