Thursday, February 2, 2012

Fluffy kittens!

I figured I'd better post something cute, since I just poked the bee's nest on facebook. Mr. Awesome in the window, awwwww! Look how cute!

But really, I didn't do anything all that horrible. I need to simmer down. It really is okay for me to have an opinion. I'm just uncomfortable because I usually keep them under wraps. (I was just joking to Richard yesterday that no one knows when I disapprove of their decisions. It's a secret. Heck, sometimes I don't even know until I think about it.)

I guess that's why people are generally afraid or dismissive of those who post online (anywhere, really). How dare we say things that are not agreeable to all? I suppose it's no shock to those 563 "friends" that I have opinions. And I'm not really ashamed to say out loud that I don't see what the problem with stem cell research could be. Those embryos are a collection of cells, not humans. There. I said it. Flame me. 

But it's been 41 minutes and nothing bad has happened. Perhaps nothing bad will ever happen. Maybe something good might happen, or someone will look at an issue from another perspective. I don't want to explore the most quoted opinion analogy (you know, like assholes, blah blah blah) because I don't really like to think about that kind of stuff. Maybe they're more like hammers, or coffee tables (I like coffee! I like tables!). Everyone has got a hammer. Don't bonk people over the head with them, but nails are good to go. Not quite as catchy, but therefore not a cliche?

No comments:

Post a Comment