Saturday, December 31, 2011

Routine poutine

How's THAT* for motivation? Get your routine on, ladies! 

But, yes, it being that time of year, I've been thinking what I would like my routine to be. I have found it helpful to have a schedule, and a basic framework. Yes, I am the Mistress of the Obvious. Anyway, as much as I would like to be a cat (routine: sleep, watch birds out the window, kibbles, kitten freak-out, sleep), I am not. 

So, if the goals are to go on a trip, keep running, be my painfully-literal-but-diplomatic-self-with-a-fabulous home, garden, and ass, I'm going to need to build in the little things that support such goals. 

The thing I've been obsessed with for the last 24 hours is some yoga / stretching / dancing every day. And when I look at what my professed goals are, I no longer see where that fits in. This structure also makes knitting a waste of time - which is true, to a certain extent. I took up knitting / crochet to make TV-watching productive. As you could probably deduct, TV-watching does not support any of my goals. OH, MISTRESS OF THE OBVIOUS. YOU ARE SO CRUEL! 

So yeah, what's the routine again? I should be fixing, cleaning, running, or gardening right now? (Luckily, I did have writing on the original list, so I'm not REALLY wasting time right now.) Who made this list?

Okay, the routine has built-in slacker time in it. Fine. And really, as the kitties have taught us, time to watch the birdies is valuable as well. And naps. Lots of kitten naps. 

And yoga / stretching / dancing every day. Blog is twice a week. (Preferably Sunday and Wednesday.) Running is whatever. The trip is based on working and saving money. I can clean or fix something every day.  Read before bed. Garden on Saturdays. I will make a google calendar to keep track. 

New Year's, baby!!

*I have never eaten poutine. But I would like to visit Toronto or Quebec again. 



2 comments:

  1. BTW, I did garden on Saturday. In December. (I just cut down and threw in the compost some old asters and mums, nothing too exciting.) And therefore witnessed the neighborhood tragedy of the discovery of a neighbor who had apparently killed himself on New Year's Eve. (Neighbor across the street heard someone yell, "Oh God, no!", police, ambulance, ambulance pulls away with no patient, medical examiner arrives, lights on in every room all night long.) Let them know you love them, I guess. I don't know of a comfort for that kind of ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're an inspiration! I need a frame work. I don't see why yoga and dancing can't be part of your routine, I'm sure both would come in handy while gardening and cleaning the house. I know your bathroom is similar to the size of mine, yoga poses are a must for cleaning the tub and toilet :)
    as far as knitting, I haven't knit for almost a year for that exact reason, I felt it was lazy and making my butt huge (from all of the sitting)...but really, I still have a huge butt and no cut scarves to cover it up.

    ReplyDelete