Saturday, January 5, 2013

Dr. Phil's Apple Cider Vinegar Cure

Here I am, sipping my delicious cocktail of apple cider vinegar and water. Why am I doing this? Well, because I am fool for the googles and gallbladders. Why aren't you doing it?

It did occur to me that it could be because I am a sucker. Straight up fool, naive faith-following simpleton who believes whatever she is told. There are elements of truth to this. (I do steer my life with the idea that if I can read the instructions, I can probably do any given task, although I've been proven wrong many times.) Who would believe that you can treat gallbladder attacks with apple cider vinegar? (I'll give you the answer quickly - someone who is having one within reach of the laptop.)



I would also like to point some fingers at Dr. Phil. I guess should have been a little more discerning, but I vowed to read as many books as possible in January. I didn't say they were all going to be brilliant. I do need a little perspective on this relationship crap. And damn if Dr. Phil doesn't have some good points... albeit, none of them are about apple cider vinegar. So if I can accept new information from Dr. Phil, then what else can I do?

Placebos are cool with me, too. Why not try the least harmful approach before the most harmful? I probably consume more vinegar in my salads. It's good for the local economy too, what with the apples and all. Although I don't really believe (oops, this makes placebos harder to implement) that I'm going to cure all of my health issues AND end up with a glowing complexion to boot, I wouldn't be sad if that happened, either.

But the real reason I'm trying is because I think want to be part scientist. I'm the fun scientist, messing with your household foods and celebrities. I take what I like, and leave the rest (I mean, isolate the contributing factors) to see what will work. AND I'm my own guinea pig, so there's no risk to you.

So here we go. 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in 1 glass of water, preferably before dinner, once a day.   When gallbladders attack (which they have been recently..... jerks), we put it in organic apple juice. Dr. Phil I only trust as far as I can throw him and as long as he doesn't start rambling about Jesus, but so far he's been pretty good. What's the worst that can happen? I will move on to dandelion supplements and Eckert Tolle?

2 comments:

  1. my grandma used to drink apple cider vinegar, honey and water, every day before meals. I used to have it when I would stay with her. It's healing proponents go back before Dr. Oz and Dr. Phil, drink-up, friend (:

    ReplyDelete